Thursday, March 25, 2010

Behold! AnimeJune's RITA Reading Challenge!

Well, as of today, the 2010 RITA/Golden Heart Nominations have been announced, and Twitter has been echoing with the squee-ing of authors both new and experienced. What I noticed most of all, however, was how many of those RITA nominations are, right now, unread on my TBR. I can't have that! I must be as educated as possible to know who to cheer for at RWA Nationals 2010!

So, I decided to start up my RITA Reading Challenge - to read those nominated books that I have on my shelf (OR a different book of theirs already in my possession, sorry I must protect my bank account) before the awards ceremony. The books in my RITA Reading Challenge are:

Stolen Fury, by Elisabeth Naughton - nominated for Best First Book and Romantic Suspense

Start Me Up, by Victoria Dahl - Talk Me Down was nominated for Contemporary Single Title Romance, so I'll be reading the sequel I picked up at RWA 2009.

Too Good To Be True, by Kristin Higgins - nominated for Contemporary Single Title Romance.

Tempted All Night, by Liz Carlyle - the sequel, Wicked All Day, was nominated for Historical Romance.

With Seduction in Mind, by Laura Lee Gurhke - nominated for Historical Romance. Okay, I don't own this one, but I've seen it at my library. If I can't find it, I will read The Marriage Bed by her instead.

Rewriting Monday, by Jodi Thomas - her western, The Lone Texan, was nominated for Historical Romance.

Snowfall at Willow Lake, by Susan Wiggs - her novel A Lakeshore Christmas, was nominated for Novel with Strong Romantic Elements

The Fire King, by Marjorie M. Liu - nominated for Paranormal Romance.

For The Earl's Pleasure, by Anne Mallory - nominated for Paranormal Romance.

Surrender of a Siren, by Tessa Dare - nominated for Regency Historical Romance.

A Rake's Guide To Seduction, by Caroline Linden - her A View to a Kiss is nominated for Regency Historical Romance.

Revealed, by Kate Noble - nominated for Regency Historical Romance.

It's In His Kiss, by Julia Quinn - her novel What Happens in London is nominated for Regency Historical Romance.

The Diamonds of Wellbourne Manor anthology - Deb Marlowe's novella "Annalise and the Scandalous Rake" and Amanda McCabe's "Charlotte and the Wicked Lord" are nominated for Romance Novella.

Going Too Far, by Jennifer Echols - nominated for Young Adult Romance.

Whew! Fifteen books in all - think I can get them read before July?

And before I forget - I want to congratulate those books I have read and loved that are nominated:

Not Quite a Husband, by Sherry Thomas - nominated for Historical Romance

Scandal, by Carolyn Jewel - nominated for Regency Historical Romance

"This Wicked Gift," by Courtney Milan in The Heart of Christmas - nominated for Romance Novella.

All well deserved! Congrats, ladies!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:34 PM

    What Happens in London is better than It's In His Kiss. For once I think Julia Quinn might actually deserve her RITA nomination. Her last several nominations were for books that were crap, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your review of The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor. I really liked the whole anthology, but it hinges on a set-up that I can see not working for some readers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a lot of them in your stack! I see some stuff I need to track down myself. Looks like a pretty reliable list this year, IMO.

    ReplyDelete