Sunday, September 09, 2012

The Weekly Wanting (15)

Yes, yes, I know I've been a little late on my Weekly Wantings, and for that I apologize - but, to be fair, there hasn't been a whole lot that I've added to my wishlist lately.

Genre: YA, Contemporary.
Cover Snark: This cover is giving me Smell the Glove vibes. You get a cookie if you get the reference.
The Story: A popular girl takes a vow of silence after her gossip leads to a hate crime.
Why I Want It: The reviews I've read have all been so interesting. First, I think the concept is fantastic - I love the idea of a popular girl taking responsibility for her failings and taking measures (however drastic) to fix them, and I like how in the process she finds out how words really matter and who her real friends are.

And that it's for now! What books are you eagerly Wanting, Weekly?

7 comments:

  1. No cookie for me, as I had to Google the reference. Nice!

    Don't know about this cover, as it looks more like an ARC, waiting for the final cover artwork to be approved. As for the story, I like the idea of a popular girl stepping up and taking responsibility for her actions! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only cover for it they had on Amazon so I have no idea, but it just sounded like such a cool idea!

      *LOL* I would never have been able to handle a vow of silence in high school, though.

      Delete
  2. I'll have my cookie now, please! It sounds like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! This one looks super good. I just got it send to me the other week and can't wait to read it. Have you read Harrington's other book, Saving June? It was super good. And I've heard great things about this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of this author before. Maybe I'll try her other work too.

      Delete
  4. This book is so beautiful in person. I saw it the other day and wanted to buy it just based on that. It looks so plain online, but in person it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Oooh, I'll have to check it out then!

      Delete