Sunday, March 03, 2013

The Weekly Wanting (23)

I've been a little behind in my Weekly Wantings. Don't know why - just haven't found my books that catch my interest. Thankfully, this week we have two.

After Visiting Friends: A Son's Story, by Michael Hainey
Genre: Non-Fiction, Memoir
Cover Snark: Instagram'd book covers need to stop.
The Story: When the author was six, his journalist father died - apparently of a heart attack. However, as an adult, the author discovers the details of his dad's death don't hold up, and he goes on a journey to find out what really happened.
Why I Want It? There was a two-page spread about it in Entertainment Weekly, and it just sounded so incredibly fascinating - as the author examines not just his father's life as a journalist, but also his mother's life and how she recovered from the tragedy to raise her sons alone. 


Genre: Non-Fiction
Cover Snark: Choke on this apple, mofos! 
The Story: Snow White. As a bad-ass Western. 
Why I Want It? See above. See, also: Why Catherine M. Valente is fucking awesome at everything.

What books are you eagerly wanting this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment