Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Updates...

Just finished my second-draft of "Desert Muse", and I sent it in to my online writer's group, and to my university's Writer-In-Residence for critique.
My writer's group (fairly) states that for one to post work for critique, one must also write reviews of other people's work. And so I do - I've made it a rule to critique two pieces for every one piece I send in. Seems like a good system to me.
Once the votes are in, I'll complete a final draft, and send it in to another magazine, probably Challenging Destiny first, because I received such an encouraging rejection letter from them, plus they're Canadian, and will get back to me fairly quickly. If that pans out, Realms of Fantasy will be next, because I haven't sent anything to them yet.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's important to encourage aspiring writers. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain when a new writer emerges with a new voice and a new message. Best of luck to you!
    An excellent book on writing is The Elements of Style by Strunk and White. It's only about 90 pages long, and has the most useful advice of any writing book I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the spiffy new 4th edition of Elements of Style, and it is now officially on my Christmas wish list. ^_^

    ReplyDelete