The phenomenon of pasting captions in large text onto pictures of cats. The captions are a specific blend of:
1) txt msg text (shortcuts like "ur" for "your")
2) bad English-Asian translations (like the classic "all your base are belong to us")
3) common typing mistakes (like "!!!!1" and "ZOMG" and "teh")
4) misspellings (like "cheeze")
5) spam shortcuts (like substituting "5" for "S" and "3" for "e")
The Smart Bitches recently retooled that theme for their LOLHoff (as in, Hasselhoff) contest, which I recommend you see. My favourite? The winner - "Ah sex u. Yes?"
So I am retooling that standard for my crushes du jour. Why? For fun! Submit your own if you can, in my comments or by email!
More to come, once I have the time, and perhaps a better understanding of the LOL format.