2010 RITA for Best First Book
I read: Stolen Fury, by Elisabeth Naughton. C
Who Should Win? No idea. Naughton's is the only author on this list I'm familiar with.
2010 RITA for Contemporary Series Romance
I read: Crush On You, by Christie Ridgway (B-), who's nominated for Silhouette Special Edition novel I Still Do.
Who Should Win? Again, no idea. Crush was pleasant but it didn't wow me, but I'm not familiar with anyone else on the list. I really enjoyed Ridgway's other books, so I may just cheer for her anyway.
2010 RITA For Contemporary Single Title Romance
- Start Me Up, by Victoria Dahl (A-), who's nominated for Talk Me Down (the first in that series).
- Tangled Up In You, by Rachel Gibson (B+), who's nominated for True Love And Other Disasters.
- Too Good To Be True, by Kristan Higgans (B).
- How To Knit a Wild Bikini, by Christie Ridgway (A+), who's nominated for Dirty, Sexy Knitting (the third in that series).
- Snowfall at Willow Lake, by Susan Wiggs (B-), who's nominated for Fireside (an earlier book in the series).
2010 RITA For Historical Romance
- Tempted All Night, by Liz Carlyle (A+), who's nominated for Wicked All Day (the sequel)
- The Marriage Bed, by Laura Lee Guhrke (B+), who's nominated for With Seduction In Mind
- Rewriting Monday, by Jodi Thomas (B-), who's nominated for The Lone Texan
- Not Quite a Husband, by Sherry Thomas (A)
2010 RITA for Novel With Strong Romantic Elements
I read: Snowfall at Willow Lake (B-), by Susan Wiggs, who's nominated for Lakeshore Christmas
Who Should Win? No idea, and the Wiggs book didn't wow me. I am kind of leaning towards Deanna Raybourn for Silent On the Moor because it sounds interesting, but unfortunately I got a used copy of Silent in the Grave after the cutoff for my RITA challenge so I haven't read it yet.
2010 RITA for Paranormal Romance
- Scandal, by Carolyn Jewel (A-), who's nominated for My Forbidden Desire
- The Fire King, by Marjorie Liu (A)
- For the Earl's Pleasure, by Anne Mallory (C)
2010 RITA for Regency Historical Romance
- Surrender of a Siren, by Tessa Dare (B+)
- Scandal, by Carolyn Jewel (A-)
- A Rake's Guide to Seduction, by Caroline Linden (B+), who's nominated for A View to a Kiss
- Revealed, by Kate Noble (A+)
- It's In His Kiss, by Julia Quinn (C-), who's nominated for What Happens in London
2010 RITA for Romance Novella
- "Annalise and the Scandalous Rake," by Deb Marlowe (B-), in The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor
- The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie, by Jennifer Ashley (A), who's nominated as Allyson James for "A Little Night Magic" in Hot For the Holidays
- The Fire King, by Marjorie Liu (A), who's nominated for "The Robber Bride" in Huntress
- "Charlotte and the Wicked Lord," by Amanda McCabe (C-), in The Diamonds of Welbourne Manor
- "This Wicked Gift," by Courtney Milan (A+), in The Heart of Christmas
2010 RITA For Romantic Suspense
I read: Stolen Fury, by Elisabeth Naughton (C).
Who Should Win? No idea.
2010 RITA for Young Adult Romance
I read: Going Too Far, by Jennifer Echols (A+).
Who Should Win? Jennifer Echols all the way!
Confused about who to cheer for at the RITAs, too? Check out my reviews and see for yourselves.