Thursday, August 20, 2009

Submitted!

I just submitted the first twenty pages of my novel to the FF&P's On the Far Side Contest for unpublished fantasy manuscripts. I'm not anywhere near done the novel itself, but I decided to take a chance - after all, a contest victory looks pretty good on a query letter. I received from pretty good feedback from my friends in my critique group, so I'm confident that I've given the best I can, but still I'm nervous. I checked their score sheet and it's pretty tough, but from what I've heard, I've still got a good shot of getting feedback from judges even if I don't make it as a finalist.

Wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. Goodluck AnimeJune!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, so exciting! There's different opinions on the value of contests - but a lot of authors I've chatted with over the years (or whose blogs I read) do credit contests with giving them good feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squeallllll - my fingers, toes and eyes are all crossed for you!!!
    A HUGE GOOD LUCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura8:50 PM

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys! Now I just have to sit back and relax until December (when the awards are given out). As if - I still need to finish the other 100 pages of my manuscript, *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you did this. I think you've got a really good shot and I'm totally rooting for you. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete