Thursday, August 20, 2009

You like me! You really like me!

The book-blogosphere has been heating up this week with the distribution of nominations for the Book Blogger Appreciation Week Awards! I nominated a bunch of my friends and fellow bloggers, but nothing surprised and delighted me more when I found myself nominated in FOUR categories:

-Best General Review Blog
"This blog doesn’t specialize in any one book genre, but it’s still excellent. Their book reviews usually cause you to add one more book to the TBR pile." Before I started writing reviews, my posts on my blog were personal and sporadic. Reviewing books, however, has changed the way I write and changed the way I read, as well!

-Best Romance Blog
"This blog is hot! And it reviews romance books in a way that keeps you coming back for more." Aaaaaaw yeah!

-Most Humorous/Funniest Blog
"This blog cracks you up. You make sure you’re never drinking anything while reading this blog for fear you may snort it out of your nose. You’ve been known to forward the posts from this blogger to friends, saying, “This is so funny! You have to read this!” Sometimes it can be incredibly difficult to come up with funny things to say about romance novels, but the difficulty also helps me to assess and analyse what I read more than I used to. And hell, I love being funny. Or being thought of as funny, I should say.

-Best Writing
"It’s not just what they say, it’s how they say it. This blog is almost as enjoyable to read as the books (and anything else) it talks about." Okay, okay, I'm enormously honoured to have received ALL my nominations, but it's this one that gets me all warm and fuzzy. Best writing? Really? Me? Someone actually nominated me for that? I mean, wow. Considering my nomination I should be coming up with something more articulate to say... but people like my writing! Yippee!

This Just In (edited August 20th): Best Reviews. "Book reviews are the heart and soul of book blogging, and this blog is the cream of the crop - consistently well-written, entertaining and informative reviews are a staple on this blog." HELL YEAH! I love writing reviews, love it, so it's AWESOME to be honoured for it. Even reading a bad novel, I know I can look forward to the unique pleasure of writing a scathing bad review, and with a good novel, I can promote it to my readers and spread the love.

THANK YOU FOR NOMINATING ME, YOU GUYS!

Congratulations to all the other nominees, and don't forget to participate in Book Blogger Appreciation Week from September 14th-18th!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:07 AM

    i agree with all the categories
    this is the only blog that i read 24/7

    i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what anon says! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous and Ana --> Thank you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesomely cool! I must admit, I'm really new to your blog, but if you were nominated for them, then you certainly deserve them!!

    Congratulations to you! And thank you for stopping by my place :D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve it! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratz on your nominations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the nominations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vorkosigrrl9:17 AM

    Congratulations! You truly are a unique voice. I highly respect comedy writing, which you do well in your reviews, and I also respect the stands you've taken on general issues of interest to readers (e.g., gratuitous sex in romance novels, book piracy, etc.).

    I'm glad to see you getting this recognition. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, FOUR categories! Very cool! Good luck. And also, good luck with your chapters submission.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday. This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man DR OTONOKPO and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to DR OTONOKPO telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured by hmm i never believed it, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the DR assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirm if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all, or you want to win your ex back you can email DR OTONOKPO on otonokpotemple@gmail.com sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address otonokpotemple@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him on this number +2348114129781.

    ReplyDelete